How To Get Your Supervisor To Say Yes!
Many travel budgets and training budgets have been slashed, and some organizations are experiencing severe financial problems. Which means that regardless of the merits of a conference, you’ll probably need to justify the expense. So here are some things you might want to consider:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others in your unit will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- If you are working to obtain your CAFM® or CAFS® designation, remind your supervisor that this is a great way to fast track your learning by going to the CAFM® Boot Camp sessions.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Be sure to check out the registration page where all the various rates are listed to see if you qualify for any of the lower rates or discounts.