The FLEXYs are a true fleet management industry award. Every fleet management professional is welcome to submit an entry for the Fleet Excellence Awards, regardless of where their fleet is based in the world. Nominees are not required to be Members of NAFA Fleet Management Association and are not required to have a CAFM® certification.
The Fleet Excellence Award winners are chosen from a blind voting process. To ensure the legitimacy of these awards, judges never see the names of the nominees or the organizations they work for. Voting is based solely upon the actions and ideas listed by the nominees on their submission forms. This means judging by merit, not name recognition.
The 2019 FLEXY winners are:
Excellence in Public Fleet or Mobility Management
- Mario Guzman, CAFM, Director of Support Services, City of West Palm Beach, Fla. – who wins a FLEXY for his program that significantly increased employee productivity and morale within the fleet team, including “professionalizing” the fleet staff and instilling a culture of trust
Excellence in Corporate/Private Fleet or Mobility Management
- Robert Stine, CAFM, Director-Fleet Management Department, Hillsborough County, Fla., Fleet Management Department – winning for an initiative that included significant acquisition cost reductions, a wide-scale replacement lifecycle program, and infrastructure improvements resulting in added capacity and efficiency
- Dave Dahn, CAFM, Corporate Fleet Program Manager, Erie Insurance Group – earning a FLEXY for his aggressive vehicle cycling program, redesigned fleet structure, and comprehensive risk mitigation structure
- Jodi Weber, Americas Fleet Manager, Johnson
- Controls International – winning for her work consolidating two large fleets following a company acquisition, resulting in cost reductions, a new corporate fleet management structure, and more than tripling her number of vehicles
The FLEXYs shine a spotlight on those who have impacted fleet management in both the corporate and public fleet segments during the previous year. The awards’ nomination process was open to all fleet professionals throughout the United States and Canada, regardless of NAFA Fleet Management Association membership status.
Additionally, the winners are invited to present at an I&E session outlining their best practices in fleet, where they can share ideas with other fleet professionals. The session is, “Walk with the Winners – FLEXY Award Finalists Share Their Secrets
,” on April 16.
The complete list of 2019 FLEXY Award nominees includes:
- Alex Alfonso, Miami-Dade County, ISD Fleet Management
- Richard Battersby, City of Oakland
- Dan Berlenbach, City of Long Beach Fleet Services Bureau
- Jared Brown and Robin Stone, Marathon Petroleum
- Andres Casimiri, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Calvin Chambliss, Richmond, Virginia
- City of La Mesa Fleet Maintenance Section, City of La Mesa
- Jeff Corbin, Mahoney Environmental, Inc.
- Mike Dunlap, Booster Fuels
- David L. Dunn, City of Orlando
- Kevin Fareri, CAFM, Texas Department of Transportation, Fleet Operations Division
- Jonathan Ford, City of Orlando
- Ronald Gitelman, CAFM, Yale University
- Robert Gordon, DeKalb County Fleet Management
- Charlie Grab, Tufts University
- John J. Moran, City of Henderson
- James Hineson, Port Authority of New York New Jersey
- Jerome Hoes, Travel and Fleet, GEICO
- Okwuoma Iloanusi, Cobil Group
- Rachel Johnson, Konecranes
- J. J. Keig, CAFM, CBRE, Inc.
- Vartan Khachadurian, New York City Police Department
- Jimmy Lai, Columbia University Public Safety
- Joelle Larente, Bath Fitter
- Luis Leon, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit
- Warren Madigan, Alberta Gaming Liquor & Cannabis
- Timothy Patterson, Joint Base Langley/Eustis, U.S. Air Force
- Milver Ramirez-Sweet, DPR Construction
- Marilyn Rawlings, City of Cape Coral
- Thurman Register, Southern States Cooperative Inc.
- Ray Sanders, Team Industrial Services, Inc.
- Philippe Saint-Vil, City of Montreal
- Derek Tabur, Cudd Energy Services
- Robson Vagner dos Santos, Itaeté Máquinas
- Jessica Whittenberg, Integrated Power Services LLC.
- Daniel Williams, The City of Kansas City Missouri
For information about the 2018 Fleet Excellence Award winners, click here.